How to troubleshoot 49.4c02 Error on HP LaserJet
HP LaserJet printer is a premier and popular printer by the technology giant Hewlett Packard. HP LaserJet printers use xerographic laser technology for printing. The LaserJet models have become very popular among people for both commercial as well as domestic use. The user of an HP LaserJet printer may sometimes come across a printer 49.4c02 error code. This error code is one of the common printing errors in HP LaserJet printers. 49.4c02 Error most commonly appears in a few specific models such as HP LaserJet 2420, HP LaserJet p3015, HP LaserJet 4700, HP LaserJet 4350 and HP LaserJet p3005.
The primary cause of error 49.4c02 is connected to the firmware of the HP LaserJet printer. Other reasons for the appearance of this error message are invalid print commands, wrong operations, outdated drivers, old or outdated jet cards and bad connections or cables. The various steps to troubleshoot 49.4c02 error on HP LaserJet printers have been discussed here.
Ensuring correct configuration of the network
The steps to ensure accurate configuration of the printer network have been listed here.
- Disconnect the LAN cable connections and restart the printer.
- When the printer shows ‘Ready Mode’, you need to print the configuration page.
- The configuration page is printed by choosing the ‘Print Configuration’ option under the ‘Menu’ button.
- If the configuration page is not printed properly, then you need to follow the below mentioned steps.
- You need to change the IP address of the printer.
- Upgrade the firmware of the printer when it displays ‘Ready Mode’. This must be done after changing the IP address.
- Change the drivers of the printer.
If the error message persists despite completing the above mentioned process, you need to move on to the next method.
Checking the firmware
You can check whether your printer’s firmware is outdated or not. Follow the below mentioned steps.
- Go to the control panel and print the configuration page.
- The printout contains ‘Firmware Date code’ or ‘Firmware Version’.
- Have a look at the date mentioned.
- Visit the official website of HP and select ‘Support and Drivers’.
- Enter the model number of your printer.
- Select the ‘Cross Operating System’ option and click ‘Firmware’
- In the column of ‘Current Version’ of Firmware, you need to check the dates and compare the date of the recent version with the one mentioned on your configuration page.
- If your printer’s firmware is outdated, you can update it by selecting ‘Easy Firmware Update Utility’ option or select the Firmware file if update is not available.
- Select the ‘Download’ link.
- Install the file according to the instructions contained in the ‘Read Me’ file.
Installing new driver
The error message can also be caused due to old or outdated driver. You can replace your old driver with a new PCL 5 driver. In order to install a PCL 5 driver, you need to follow the below given simple steps.
- Go to the official website of HP and click on ‘Support and Drivers’ option.
- Enter the model number of your printer.
- Thereafter, you need to follow the instructions which are displayed on the screen.
- Select PCL 5 driver.
- Uninstall the existing driver and install the PCL 5 driver according to the instructions displayed on the screen.
Clearing the print queue
This method involves the following steps.
- You need to click the ‘Start’ button present on the taskbar.
- Select the ‘Control Panel’ option.
- Search the ‘Devices and Printers’ option appearing on the control panel window.
- Right click on the printer icon.
- From the drop-down menu, select the ‘See what’s printing’ option.
- Select the ‘Printer’ menu present on the new window.
- Now select ‘Cancel All Documents’ option.
- Finally, click on the ‘Yes’ button to terminate printing.
Bad data cable of the printer can also cause the appearance of 49.4c02 error message. You can replace your cable with a new Cat5e cable or use a new USB.
Check for loose connections and poor quality switches, panels, routers, etc. Get them replaced immediately.
If none of the above mentioned methods succeed in removing the error message, you need to get in touch with the HP LaserJet Printer technical support team by dialing the number 1-877-690-9305.