How to set up the Wi-Fi Network
How to set up the Wi-Fi Network on HP Laptop from your Android phone?
Hp laptops are always a perfect combination of style, and productivity. It’s thoughtful design, dependable performance and highly stable networking drivers are specifically designed to keep you on the go.
But to make a complete use of the features provided in the laptop, you need to have a stable and continuous internet connection. There can be situations when you are not in a WIFI enabled region or your WIFI is not working properly.
All thanks to the advanced mobile technology that allows you to make use of your android mobile phone’s internet to help you come out of such situations. But to do this, you will have to turn your android phone into a Hotspot (tethering).
This can be accomplished by following the steps given below :
- Before tethering the internet connection, you need to always ensure the following:
- Active Internet connection: An active internet connection is always mandatory to be present on your phone to perform the internet sharing. If this is not present, the tethering would be successful, but the applications based on internet won’t be functional.
- Fully charged Battery: Mobile tethering consumes a lot of battery. So, you should always make sure that your android phone is fully charged prior to tethering.
- Ample network coverage: The basic dependency of mobile speed is entirely based on the mobile network. So, in case you have a poor mobile network, you might face issues with the network speed.
- Once you are done with the above mentioned checks, open the Settings menu on your android phone and select on ‘More’ option under the Wireless Networks tab.
- There will be two or three options that pop up in the more options on your phone ( depends upon the version of android your phone is running). From these options, you have to choose the ‘Tethering and portable hotspot’ option.
- Under the ‘Tethering and portable hotspot option, you can find the ‘Wi-Fi hotspot’ options available.
- The WIFI hotspot option allows you to turn on the WIFI hotspot or make changes to the WIFI hotspot configurations. So, in case you are using the Wifi hotspot for the first time, you will be required to set up the Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Once you proceed with setting up of the WiFI hotspot option, you will be prompted to input a suitable name for your Wi-Fi network.
- After you enter your WIFI name, you will be asked to provide a password for your hotspot. This is completely optional. You can always choose to skip this level, but it is highly recommended to secure your WIFI hotspot with a password that you can remember. This will save your WIfI hotspot from the vulnerability and security risks, data theft etc.
- Once you have setup the WIFI hotspot, you can save the details.
- Your WIFI hotspot becomes automatically activated once you save your settings.
- When the Wi-Fi hotspot is turned on, you will be able to connect to it through your HP laptop.
- You will have to go to the WIFI options in the taskbar of your HP laptop and search for your WIFI hotspot.
- Once you detect your WIFI hotspot, you have to press connect.
- After pressing the connect option, you will be prompted for the password ( if you had opted to secure your WIFI hotspot with a password). In case you have opted to make your WIFI hotspot an open network, then it will get connected automatically without any password.
- Once you enter the password that you have provided while setting up of the WIFI hotspot, your HP laptop will get automatically connected to the internet through your personal WIFI hotspot.
Setting up of the Wi-Fi Network on HP Laptop from your Android phone is always possible through mobile tethering. The options available in the mobile tethering tab might vary with the different versions of android. If you are using any custom ROM in your android phone, you will be getting the hotspot tethering options under the SIM card and network setting menu.